Tours and School Visits
Please call us at 785-628-2624 to schedule a tour or email Lee Dobratz, Director. We are happy to provide you with a comprehensive tour of our campus and galleries, or we can concentrate on one subject or area of our exhibits.
Some tour options include: Main Gallery, Volga German Haus, Younger Harness Shop, or the Hays Fire Department Museum.
Supervision of children
All groups of children must be supervised by teachers or parents, in addition to our museum staff. We expect that all chaperones will review our Museum Manners section below and review these expectations with your group of children before arriving at the museum. It is important that students are aware of museum rules so that they may enjoy their time here learning, while being respectful of staff and museum exhibits.
By using Museum Manners, we create an environment of learning, curiosity, and respect. Following a few simple rules allows us to preserve historical and art objects for people in the future. They also allow everyone to enjoy the tour experience. We want you to have fun while learning!
Chaperones, please help your students remember to practice their Manners during your visit. You may download a copy of the Manners below here.
- Pencils only for writing in the galleries. ECHS can provide pencils and clipboards as requested.
- No food, drinks, or chewing gum in the galleries. Sack lunches may be eaten on our grounds in designated areas, but may not be brought into exhibit areas.
- Walking only in the galleries. Running and jumping can cause accidents that can affect object displays.
- Use inside voices in the galleries. We want you to discuss and laugh, just not so loud that it would disturb other gallery visitors!
- Be ready to answer and ask good questions!